Heavenly Victoria Sponge filled with a velvety vanilla buttercream and a deep layer of strawberry jam. Then finished with a generous dusting of icing sugar. Perfect for afternoon tea and a slice or two!
Or why not try White Chocolate and Raspberry Cupcakes?
Quick & Easy Recipe
All you need is…
- 3 Eggs
- 100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
- 100ml Water
- 2 x Round Cake Tins 7″(20cm)
Just 3 Simple Steps
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan) Gas Mark 5. Grease & line the cake tins.
- Empty the Carr’s Heavenly Victoria Sponge Cake Mix into a bowl. Using a spatula gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed. Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cake tins and level with a spoon. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean. Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack. Fully cool before decorating.
Heavenly Victoria Sponge Cake
To Decorate with Vanilla Buttercream & Jam
Heavenly Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
Carrs Flour Mills, East Bridge, Kirkcaldy, Fife KY1 2SR
Registered in England number 00480341 • © Carr's Flour Mills 2022 • All Rights Reserved