A mix between a biscuit and cookie made with Strong White Flour.
A good teaspoon of salt,
1 1/2 tsp dried yeast
1 tsp sugar Luke warm water to mix
1. Mix all dry ingredients. Rub in lard. Mix with knife to soft dough.
2. Knead well. Leave to rise until at least double in size.
3. Knock down and divide into 18-20 pieces.
4. Knead and shape each piece into a circle, roll out and flatten.
5. Put on flat baking tray to rise again until double.
6. Bake at 230oC (Fan 210oC, Gas Mark 8) for approx. 15 mins until lightly brown.
7. Remove from oven (they should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom). Allow to cool on a wire rack. (If you like a soft crust, cover with a damp cloth until cool.)
Slather with butter and enjoy!!