Chocolate BrowniesBrownies made with Carrs Breadmaker Self-Raising Flour, Dark Chocolate and Pecan Nuts.
225g butter, softened
225g Carrs self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
4 eggs, beaten
75g shelled pecans, roughly chopped
Icing sugar, for dusting
1. Break 100g of the chocolate into pieces and place in a bowl over set over a saucepan of simmering water. Add the butter and stir until melted. Leave to cool.
2. Sieve the flour into a separate bowl and add the caster sugar.
3. Stir in the beaten eggs.
4. Pour the cooled buttered chocolate into the flour mixture, beating well.
5. Chop the remaining chocolate into small pieces and stir into the brownie batter with the pecans. Pour into the bread pan.
6. Set your machine to Bake for 40-50 minutes, until firm to touch.
7. Remove the bread pan from the machine and allow to cool.
8. Turn out the brownie from the bread pan, cut into portions and dust with icing sugar, if desired.