Chocolate Caramel BreadMade with Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour, Butter, Sour Cream and Snickers or Milky Way Bars.
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp fast action dried yeast
1 tsp salt
20g butter, cubed
150ml sour cream
16 fun-size Snickers or Milky Way bars (for Step 3 below)
1 egg white
1 tbsp water
1. Follow the manufacturers’ instructions regarding the order of liquid/dry ingredients, and set your machine to the dough/pizza setting.
2. When the cycle is complete, remove dough from the machine onto a floured work surface. Punch the dough down and place on a greased baking sheet, roll out into a 16” x 10” rectangle.
3. Place 16 chocolate bars lengthwise in two rows down the centre third of the rectangle.
4. On each long side, cut 1” wide strips into the centre to within ½” of the chocolate bars. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips at an angle across chocolate bars. Pinch the ends to seal and tuck under.
5. Cover and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
6. Beat egg white and water; brush over plaits.
7. Bake at 190°C, 375°F, Gas 5 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Remove from baking sheet and cool on a wire rack.