Cranberry & Almond Biscotti
A lovely tasty treat, that would be great as a gift.
260g Carr’s Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
150g Granulated Sugar
3 Eggs (beaten)
50g Almonds (chopped into
50g Dried Cranberries
½ tbsp Almond Extract
1. Preheat the oven to 160ºC (Fan 140°C, Gas Mark 2) and line a baking tray with parchment.
2. In a bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Gradually add the beaten egg, (you may not need all of it) until it forms a dough. Add the almonds, cranberries and almond extract, mixing thoroughly.
3. Roll out on a floured surface and make into a log roughly 35cm long and 8cm wide.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes and cool. Cut into approx. 2cm thick diagonal slices. Place them onto the baking tray cut side up and bake for a further 10 minutes on each side. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
5. Once cooled you can decorate them with chocolate and crushed nuts.
6. To enjoy, dip them in a cup of coffee or tea. Alternatively, they are perfect wrapped up in small bags, tied with ribbon and given as a tasty gift!