Decadent Chocolate Cake Recipe
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
x2 Round Tins 7”/20cm
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan) Gas Mark 5. Grease & line the cake tins.
- Empty the Carr’s Decadent Chocolate Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cake tins and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Decadent Chocolate Cake Recipe
- 185g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 370g Icing Sugar
- 37g Cocoa Powder
- 1–2 Tbsp Milk
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Milk & Dark Chocolate Curls
- Make chocolate buttercream by beating the butter in a large bowl until soft.
- Add the icing sugar, cocoa powder, milk and vanilla extract, mixing until creamy and smooth.
- Use half the chocolate buttercream to sandwich the cakes together.
- Then cover the top with the remaining buttercream.
- Decorate with curls of milk and dark chocolate.
- Keep in a cool place until temptation becomes too much!