Decadent Chocolate Fudge Muffins
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan/Gas Mark 5). Butter 9 muffin cups or line them with liner paper.
- Empty the Carr’s Decadent Chocolate Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the muffin tins and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 24 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Decadent Chocolate Fudge Muffins
For Chocolate Fudge Icing:
- 150g Dark Chocolate
- 150ml Double Cream
- For Decoration: Chocolate Chips
Break the chocolate into pieces and gently heat with the cream in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water, stirring until the chocolate has melted. Once the baked muffins have cooled, make a well in the middle with your finger and add the chocolate fudge icing into the centre. Alternatively use a small palette knife to cover the top of the muffins with a thick layer of the chocolate fudge icing. Decorate with extra chocolate chips or drizzle melted white chocolate. Keep in a cool place until you can resist no more!