Delicious Carrot Cake Recipe
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
80g Grated Carrot
x2 Round Tins 7”/20cm
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan) Gas Mark 5. Grease & line the cake tins.
- Empty the Carr’s Delicious Carrot Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the oil (or softened butter), grated carrot and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cake tins and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Delicious Carrot Cake Recipe
- 225g Cream Cheese
- 115g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 240g Icing Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Candied Orange Peel: 200ml water, 200g caster sugar, 2 oranges
Make cream cheese frosting by beating the cream cheese in a large bowl until soft.
Add the butter, mix until well combined and smooth.
Add the icing sugar and vanilla extract. Mix until fully combined.
Use half of the cream cheese frosting to sandwich the cakes together. Cover top with the remaining frosting.
For Candied Orange Peel:
Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan until sugar has dissolved. Add orange zest strips and remove from heat.
Cool completely and decorate with the orange zest strips.
Keep in a cool place until temptation becomes too much!