Delicious Carrot Cake Traybake
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
100g Grated Carrot
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan/Gas Mark 5). Butter and line the baking tray with liner paper.
- Empty the Carr’s Delicious Carrot Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the oil (or softened butter), carrot and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the baking tray and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 24 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Delicious Carrot Cake Traybake
For Orange Buttercream:
- 140g Butter, softened
- 280g Icing Sugar
- 1 large Orange, zest
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice
Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the orange juice and zest and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the remaining juice, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. Use a pallet knife to spread thickly across the top of the cake. Sprinkle candied orange peel on top and dust lightly with cinnamon. Keep in a cool place until ready to share!
To Decorate With Candied Orange Peel:
For the orange peel:
- 2 oranges
- 200ml water
- 200g caster sugar.
Put the water and sugar in a saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. Add the orange zest and remove from the heat.
Leave zest sit in the sugar syrup until completely cooled.
Decorate with the orange zest strips.