Easter Egg BrowniesA simple but chocolatey recipe for kids to bake and decorate.
250g butter room temp
250g Carrs Self Raising Flour
2 level teaspoons Baking Powder
50g Cocoa Powder
7 tablespoons boiling Water
250g Caster Sugar
2 tablespoons Milk
FOR THE ICING
125ml Double Cream
1. Grease and line a 30cm x 20cm tray.
2. Pre heat oven to 180°
3. Cream the butter and sugar, add the eggs, then slowly add the flour and baking powder.
4. Mix the cocoa and hot water to a paste and add to the mix.
5. Loosen the cake mixture with the milk and beat until smooth.
6. Spread evenly in the tin and bake in the middle of the oven.
7. Leave in the tin to cool a while then lift out.
To make the ganache icing, gently warm the cream, break the chocolate into small pieces and add to the cream to melt, stirring all the time. When thick and glossy pour over the cake and decorate with chocolate min eggs and curls of chocolate.
If your ganache goes grainy or oily, don’t panic, pour off the excess oil and add some more cold cream mixing until smooth and glossy.