Feta and Spinach Quiche
A light and healthy quiche filled with lots of flavour. Tasty hot or cold.
150g Baby Spinach
100g Carr’s Wholemeal Flour
50g Unsalted Butter
150g Feta Cheese or Yorkshire Fettle or Crumbly Lancashire
Salt, Pepper and Nutmeg to season
100g Pine nuts for the top
1. Rub the butter into the ﬂour until it feels and looks like breadcrumbs. Add enough water to bring the mixture together to form a ball. Wrap in cling ﬁlm and rest for 15mins.
2. Roll out pastry on a ﬂoured surface and line a 20cm ﬂuted tin, pressing carefully, cut away excess pastry. Put into the fridge to chill.
3. Steam the spinach until just wilted. Leave to cool and dry slightly.
4. Whisk the eggs together and season with salt, not too much, the Feta will add some saltiness, pepper and nutmeg. Cut the Feta into chunks and add to the mix.
5. Add the cooked spinach and stir, then spoon into the pastry case. Add the pine nuts.
6. Bake on the middle shelf in a pre heated oven 180 ˚C (Fan 160˚C, Gas Mark 4) for 35 minutes or until set.