Frangipane Mince Pies
300g Carr’s plain flour
2 tbsp icing sugar
150g unsalted butter, cold and cubed
3 tbsp cold water
Jar of mincemeat
- To make the pastry, combine the flour and icing sugar in mixing bowl, add the butter and work in with your fingers until a crumb consistency is achieved.
- Add in the water and bring together to form a dough. Wrap in cling film and pop in the fridge to rest for at least an hour.
- Once the dough has rested, roll out to a 5mm thickness and cut out 9cm rounds.
- Push the rounds into the cavities of a muffin or fairy cake tin, dock with a fork and then place back into the fridge for 15 minutes to chill.
- While the pastry cases are chilling, preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Once chilled, remove the cases from the fridge, spoon a tablespoon of mincemeat into each.
- Add the frangipane topping (see below) and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.
2 tbsp Carr’s plain flour
50g caster sugar
75g ground almonds
Flaked almonds, to decorate
- Combine all of the ingredients apart from the flaked almonds either by hand or with an electric mixer to form a smooth paste.
- Spoon 2 tsp of the paste on top of each mincemeat filled pastry case and spread evenly.
- Top with flaked almonds and bake as directed above.
- Allow to cool until just warm, dust with icing sugar and serve.