Harvest Fruit Cobbler
Forage for your favourite Autumn fruits and make this hearty comforting pudding. Serve warm with custard.
100g Caster Sugar
225g Carr’s Self Raising Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
75g chilled Butter, diced
1 medium Egg
Sugar for sprinkling
1. Forage for your favourite Autumn fruits. Clean and remove stalks on the Damsons, place in a pan and cook gently. Add the peeled, cored and diced apple and cook until soft but still retains its shape.
2. Sift the ﬂour and baking powder into a bowl, rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar.
3. Beat the egg into the buttermilk, add to the dry ingredients and mix together until it forms a soft sticky dough.
4. Place the fruit into a shallow ovenproof dish and place small balls of dough mixture over the top of the fruit, sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake in a preheated oven 190ºC (Fan 170ºC, Gas Mark 5) for 35 minutes or until cobbler is done. Test by pushing a skewer into the middle of the cobbler topping, if it comes away clean cobbler is ready.
Serve with custard.