Heavenly Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
x2 Round Tins 7”/20cm
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan) Gas Mark 5. Grease & line the cake tins.
- Empty the Carr’s Heavenly Victoria Sponge Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cake tins and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Heavenly Victoria Sponge Cake Recipe
To Decorate with Vanilla Buttercream & Jam:
- 110g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 220g Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Strawberry Jam Filling
- Make vanilla buttercream by beating the butter in a large bowl until soft.
- Add the icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract, mixing until creamy and smooth.
- Cover one cake with a deep layer of strawberry jam, followed by a layer of vanilla buttercream and sandwich together.
- Dust the top generously with icing sugar!
- Keep in a cool place until it’s time for a slice or two!