Heavenly White Chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan/Gas Mark 5). Butter 12 paper cupcakes or line the cupcake tin with liner paper.
- Empty the Carr’s Heavenly Victoria Sponge Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cupcake tin and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Heavenly White Chocolate & Raspberry Cupcakes
For White Chocolate Buttercream:
- 70g White Chocolate
- 70g Butter, softened
- 280g Icing Sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- For Decoration: Freeze Dried Raspberries
Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth. Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and vanilla extract and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the remaining milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture. Use a piping bag to decorate the top of the cupcake. Sprinkle with freeze dried raspberries. Keep in a cool place until tea time!