Luscious Lemon Cake Recipe
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
x2 Round Tins 7”/20cm
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan) Gas Mark 5. Grease & line the cake tins.
- Empty the Carr’s Luscious Lemon Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cake tins and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Luscious Lemon Cake Recipe
To Decorate with Lemon Buttercream
- 185g Unsalted Butter, softened
- 370g Icing Sugar
- ½ Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Thick Cream
- Pinch of Salt
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Lemon Curd Spread
- To make lemon buttercream beat the butter in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the icing sugar, lemon juice, cream, salt and zest and mix well.
- Cover one cake with a layer of lemon curd and a layer of lemon buttercream and sandwich together.
- Cover the top with the remaining lemon buttercream.
- Then decorate the top with piped lemon buttercream and lemon zest.
- Keep in a cool place until cake time indulgence!