Luscious Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan/Gas Mark 5). Butter and line the loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Empty the Carr’s Luscious Lemon Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the loaf tin and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 32 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Luscious Lemon Drizzle Loaf Cake
- 130g Icing Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 Tsp Lemon Zest, freshly grated
- 1 Tbsp Milk
Jar of Lemon Curd for the Filling
Instructions: Cut a triangular wedge out from the top of the loaf. Fill with lemon curd and replace. In a medium bowl, combine the icing sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, milk. Mix until thoroughly combined. Top the loaf cake with the lemon icing so it drizzles off the sides of the loaf. Sprinkle with grated lemon zest. Keep in a cool place until ready for a slice of loaf cake heaven!