Multi Seed Wholemeal Loaf
A healthy loaf full of texture and flavour. Ideal for toasted sandwiches.
1 tbsp Sugar
1½ tbsp Skimmed Milk Powder
1½ tsp Salt
1 tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
3 tsp Sesame Seeds (lightly toasted)
3 tsp Poppy Seeds
5 tsp Pumpkin Seeds
4 tsp Sunflower Seeds
1. Mix together the flour, sugar, skimmed milk powder, salt, sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Rub in the butter and then stir in the yeast. Gradually mix in the water to make a soft dough.
2. Knead well on a lightly floured surface for about 10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Shape the dough and cover with a clean, damp tea towel to stop the dough drying out and leave in a warm place for about an hour to rise.
3. When it has risen, tip the dough onto a lightly floured surface, add the pumpkin and sunflower seeds and knead well for 3 minutes.
4. Place in a greased 1½ / 2lb loaf tin, cover loosely with a damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for about half an hour.
5. Uncover and bake in a preheated oven at 230°C (Fan 210°C, Gas Mark 8) for 30-35 minutes.
6. Remove loaf from tin and allow to cool before slicing and enjoying!
1. Put all the ingredients except the pumpkin and sunflower seeds into your breadmaker. Follow manufacturers’ guidelines on the order of liquid/dry ingredients and set your machine to the wholewheat/raisin setting, large loaf, medium crust.
2. Place the pumpkin and sunflower seeds in the nut/raisin dispenser. If you don’t have a nut dispenser, add these when it beeps.
Tasty toasty fillings:
Avocado, Chicken and Spinach
Avocado, Pesto and Spinach
Mozzarella, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato
METHOD FOR BREADMAKERS
Follow the manufacturers’ guidelines on the order of liquid/dry ingredients and set your machine to the basic/normal setting, large loaf, medium crust.
goes great with… Thick & Creamy Mushroom Soup