A classic easy bake that’s ideal for novice bakers or as a nostalgic treat!
115g Margarine or Butter
115g Caster Sugar
1 Egg (beaten)
3 tbsp Milk
4 tbsp Jam
1. Preheat the oven to 190˚C (Fan 170˚C, Gas Mark 5).
2. In a large bowl, rub the margarine or butter into the flour with your finger tips until it looks and feels like fine breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and stir in.
3. Make a well in the centre of the ingredients and add the beaten egg and milk. Combine ingredients until a dough is formed and then make into approx. 12-14 small balls.
4. Place onto a lined baking tray. With your thumb or end of a wooden spoon, make a small hollow in the top of each bun, pushing down to slightly flatten. Fill the hole with jam and bake for 15-20 mins.
5. Place onto a wire rack and let the jam cool before eating!
Try using your favourite jam or curd as an alternative.