Strawberry & Champagne Shortbread
Create this delicately flavoured biscuit with different shaped cutters to make this recipe ideal for various occasions. Perfectly paired with Champagne!
225g Unsalted Butter (extra for greasing tray)
2 tbsp Strawberry Jam
100g Caster Sugar
285g Carr's Plain Flour (extra for dusting)
½ tsp Salt
FOR THE ICING
200g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Champagne
¾ tbsp Strawberry Jam
1. Preheat the oven to 170˚C (Fan 150˚C, Gas Mark 3)
2. Cream together the butter, sugar, salt and jam in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add the flour a little at a time, until mixed in.
4. Be careful not to over work the ingredients.
5. Once the dough has formed, wrap in cling film and place in fridge for 2 hours or until cool.
6. Sprinkle some flour onto your work surface and knead lightly until you have a loose dough.
7. Roll out the dough until it’s roughly 0.5 cm thick.
8. Cut out using a cutter and place onto a lightly greased baking tray and bake for 25 minutes (until pale brown and crisp).
9. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
10. Meanwhile stir together the icing sugar, champagne and jam in a small bowl and mix until a stiff paste has formed. Add more champagne or water to loosen if needed. Dip each biscuit until half covered.
11. Place back onto a wire rack until dry, then enjoy with the rest of the champagne!