Sumptuous Banoffee Cupcakes
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan/Gas Mark 5). Butter 12 paper cupcakes or line the cupcake tin with liner paper.
- Empty the Carr’s Sumptuous Salted Caramel Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture.
- Mix until smooth and creamy. Pour into the cupcake tin and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 24 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Sumptuous Banoffee Cupcakes
- 100 g Caramel Sauce
- 300 ml Double Cream
- 1 tbsp Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
For Decoration: ½ Flake Bar or Chocolate Sprinkles, 1 Banana large, sliced, Juice of ½ a Lemon
Once they are fully cool, cut holes in the middle of the cupcakes and fill with caramel sauce.
Whip up the double cream, vanilla extract and icing sugar with an electric hand whisk until thick. Using a piping bag, pipe onto the cupcakes, or spread on with a spoon. Crumble up a chocolate flake and sprinkle it all over the whipped cream or decorate with chocolate sprinkles. Slice up banana, brush both sides of the slices with lemon juice, then push them into the cream.
Serve these cupcakes immediately or refrigerate overnight. Eat within 24 hours.