Sumptuous Salted Caramel Cake Recipe
100ml Vegetable Oil or 100g Butter
x2 Round Tins 7”/20cm
- Pre-heat oven to 190°c (170°c Fan) Gas Mark 5. Grease & line the cake tins.
- Empty the Carr’s Sumptuous Salted Cake Mix into a bowl.
- Using a spatula gently fold in the oil (or softened butter) and water until well mixed.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl and fold into the cake mixture. Mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the cake tins and level with a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the sponge comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Fully cool before decorating.
To Decorate Your Sumptuous Salted Caramel Cake Recipe
To Decorate with Caramel Buttercream
- 110g Salted Butter, softened
- 370g Icing Sugar
- 65g Caramel Spread (and extra for drizzle)
- Fudge Pieces, Chocolate or Caramel Pieces
- Make caramel buttercream by beating the butter and icing sugar in a large bowl until soft and creamy.
- Fold in the caramel, add 1 tbsp of boiling water to loosen, if needed.
- Use half the caramel buttercream to sandwich together.
- Spread remaining buttercream over the top, smoothing it out with a knife.
- When ready to serve drizzle over the top with a little extra caramel spread (warm briefly, if it’s a little stiff).
- Scatter over the toffee, chocolate or caramel pieces.
- Keep in a cool place until it’s time for salted caramel heaven!