Tear and Share Cinnamon RollsSticky and sweet this sweet bread is great for sharing!
500g Carr’s Strong White Flour
7g sachet Fast Action Dried Yeast
50g unsalted Butter
Vegetable Oil for greasing
FOR THE FILLING
30g melted unsalted Butter
100g Brown Sugar
10g Ground Cinnamon
FOR THE ICING
150g Icing Sugar
Fresh Lemon Juice to mix Nutmeg
½ tsp Salt
4 tbsp Brandy
1 dessert spoon Black Treacle
Zest of 2 Lemons
FOR THE ICING
200g Icing Sugar
2 tbsp Champagne
¾ tbsp Strawberry Jam
1. Measure the flour into a bowl with the salt on one side and the yeast on the opposite side.
2. Warm the milk and butter in a pan.
3. Add the egg and the warm milk mixture to the flour mixture and bring together to form a dough.
4. Knead the dough for 5 mins until smooth and elastic.
5. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave to in a warm place until double in size. Approx 90mins.
6. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knock back to original size, roll out into a rectangular shape about 1cm thick.
7. Brush with the melted butter, sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon all over.
8. Roll into a cylinder and cut into slices, place onto a round baking tin, not too tightly, cover and leave to rise for 40 mins.
9. Place into a pre heated oven 190C, and bake for 30 mins until golden.
10. Once cool mix the icing sugar with some lemon juice and spread liberally over the rolls.