Tear & Share Cheese Bread
with Tracklements Caramelised Onion Marmalade
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 packet yeast
100g unsalted butter
250ml warm water
150g cheddar cheese, finely grated
1 jar Tracklements Onion Marmalade
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the strong white flour, sugar, salt and yeast.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the melted butter and warm water.
- Bring everything together to form a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for a few minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for an hour.
- Once the dough has risen, knock the air out and turn out on a lightly floured surface and roll into rectangle.
- Spread the onion marmalade evenly over the dough, top with the grated cheese and roll everything up.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and arrange in a lightly greased round tin or skillet pan, leaving space for growth.
- Cover loosely with cling film and place in a warm place for 30-35 minutes to allow the dough to rise again.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan) and bake the bread for 30-40 mins until risen, golden and the onion marmalade is bubbling around the edge.
- Allow to cool slightly before brushing with melted butter and topping with a light grating of cheese.
- Serve and enjoy straight from the pan/tin.