Wholemeal Rolled Bread of Ham, Cheese, and Basil
wholemeal loaf with pesto, ham, cheese, basil, sun-dried tomatoes or plum tomatoes.
2 tbsp Butter
1 tsp Salt
2 tbsp Sugar
260g Carrs Breadmaker Strong White Flour
260g Carrs Breadmaker Wholemeal Strong Flour
1¼ tsp Fast Action Dried Yeast
INGREDIENTS FOR FILLING
10 slices of ham
400g cheese (a mixture of cheddar, parmesan or any leftovers that need using up) grated
2 handfuls of fresh basil
75g sun-dried tomatoes or plum tomatoes
50g olives halved
50ml extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR TOPPING
15g Sunflower Seeds
15g Pine Nuts
1. Place ingredients in bread pan in order given and set to ‘DOUGH’ programme.
2. When dough is ready, turn onto lightly floured surface and knead lightly, then roll into a long strip approximately 39″ x 8″ (1m x 20cm) and ½“ (1cm) thick.
3. Spread filling down the centre- a layer of pesto then the ham, cheese, olives, basil and tomatoes. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
4. Pull the dough over the filling so it forms a ‘cannelloni’ shape. Bring one end round to the other so that they join up and pinch and pat the two ends together firmly to form a doughnut-shaped loaf.
5. Transfer to a flour-dusted baking tray and top with seed mix.
6. Cover with a tea towel and leave in warm place until doubled in size (15-20 minutes).
7. Bake at 180°C/350F/Gas 4 for 35 minutes until golden.